Answered By: Marissa C. Ball Last Updated: Nov 22, 2016 Views: 480
Your FIU One Card is your Library Card!
You will need your FIU One Card to enter the Green Library.
FIU One Card = Library Card
The 14-digit number on the back of your FIU One Card is your Library Card Number. To get an FIU One Card, go to the campus ID Office - see FIU One Card for more information. If you are fully online student, have your FIU One Card mailed to you. Follow the steps here!
You will need a Library Number if you want:
- Study Room Reservations at FIU Libraries - you will need your FIU OneCard for this service.
Device Checkout from FIU Libraries - you will need your FIU OneCard for this service.
Get your Library Number - If you have an FIU OneCard, then you have a library number. It is the 14 digit number on the back of your student ID.
Activate your Library Number - in most cases, this step is not necessary.
FIU Library Card numbers are automatically activated as part of the registration process (for students) and hiring process (for employees). Due to heavy work loads at the beginning of each semester, some delay in the record activation may occur.
If this occurs and you need to use the library resources, please contact the Circulation Desk: BBC, 305-919-5718 & MMC, 305-348-2451; they are typically able to resolve activation problems over the phone. Additionally, you can stop by the Circulation Desk at either campus with your FIU One Card and activate your account in person.
- For new and transfer students -- Your library card will be valid from the first day of classes.
- For continuing students -- Your library card will be re-activated for each semester in conjunction with registering for class or dissertation research. Otherwise, your card is not valid.
- For Adjunct Faculty -- Your library card is valid for only the semester during which you are contracted to teach class. Please contact your department if your library card fails to be re-activated; they will need to notify the Payroll Department of your continued employment.
- For Alumni and Retired Faculty -- Please retain your FIU One Card - it continues to serve as your library card.
Ask another question FAQ search
Search our FAQs
Use this box to search for answers that have been asked & answered.
Chat with a Librarian 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Ask Us Contact Box
We're here to help!
Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chat/IM a librarian, Ask Us!
Email your question.
Schedule a research consultation.
Browse our FAQs.
Call (305) 348-2454 MMC / (305) 919-5726 BBC
SMS/TXT to (305) 240-6585
Tweet to @FIULibraries
|LibGuides: Research & Subject Guides|
|Hours for Research Help|
- Library Account
- Library Spaces
- Library Locations
- Library Card
- InterLibrary Loan
- Group Study