Answered By: Marissa C. Ball Last Updated: Jan 17, 2019 Views: 958
ILLiad is the online ordering and management services system used for Interlibrary Loan, Intercampus Loan, and Faculty Document Delivery.
With ILLiad, you can:
- View and track your ILL request records in a web environment with a page devoted to your account;
- Request materials 24 hours a day from a computer or device with Internet access;
- Operate in a paperless environment, thus saving paper and natural resources;
- View the progress of your requests at each stage of the process -- no need to email or phone the ILL Office for status updates;
- Rely upon automatic email messages from ILLiad to keep you instantly informed about the results of your ILL requests;
- View checked out items and request renewals online;
- Access your account 24 hours a day, and change your personal information and password records instantly;
- View current and past requests, including complete bibliographic citations and tracking data;
- Attach an unlimited number of notes to each request; and,
- Track all ILL requests in a single, simple interface.
Behind the scenes, ILLiad will:
- Forward requests you've made via Find it @FIU into ILLiad automatically;
- Accept blank form requests for book loans and photocopies into ILLiad automatically for citations not automatically transferred from an online database;
- Notify you automatically when a book you had requested has arrived and is ready to be picked up;
- Retain all past interlibrary loan requests for your information; and,
- Provide a secure access environment, assuring that your information is held in confidence.
To begin using ILLiad:--
- Register to use ILLiad -- Please allow 1 business day for your registration to be confirmed and activated.
- Use your FIU Email Account, required for all patrons except alumni, corporate borrowers, or SUL patrons.
Need to contact FIU Libraries Interlibrary Loan?
Green Library, MMC 305-348-4054
Hubert Library, BBC 305-919-5715
Ask another question FAQ search
Search our FAQs
Use this box to search for answers that have been asked & answered.
Chat with a Librarian 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Ask Us Contact Box
We're here to help!
Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chat/IM a librarian, Ask Us!
Email your question.
Schedule a research consultation.
Browse our FAQs.
Call (305) 348-2454 MMC / (305) 919-5726 BBC
SMS/TXT to (305) 240-6585
Tweet to @FIULibraries
|LibGuides: Research & Subject Guides|
|Hours for Research Help|