Answered By: Marissa C. Ball Last Updated: Oct 14, 2014 Views: 83
ILLiad is the online ordering and management services system used by the FIU Libraries for Interlibrary Loan, Intercampus Loan, and Faculty Document Delivery.
With ILLiad, you can:
- View and track your ILL request records in a web environment with a page devoted to your account;
- Request materials 24 hours a day from a computer or device with Internet access;
- Operate in a paperless environment, thus saving paper and natural resources;
- View the progress of your requests at each stage of the process -- no need to email or phone the ILL Office for status updates;
- Rely upon automatic email messages from ILLiad to keep you instantly informed about the results of your ILL requests;
- View checked out items and request renewals online;
- Access your account 24 hours a day, and change your personal information and password records instantly;
- View current and past requests, including complete bibliographic citations and tracking data;
- Attach an unlimited number of notes to each request; and,
- Track all ILL requests in a single, simple interface.
Behind the scenes, ILLiad will:
- Forward requests you've made via Find it @FIU into ILLiad automatically;
- Accept blank form requests for book loans and photocopies into ILLiad automatically for citations not automatically transferred from an online database;
- Notify you automatically when a book you had requested has arrived and is ready to be picked up;
- Retain all past interlibrary loan requests for your information; and,
- Provide a secure access environment, assuring that your information is held in confidence.
- ILLiad and Interlibrary Loan are available for FIU and SUL faculty, staff, enrolled students, and FIU alumni and corporate public borrowers.
- You are responsible for keeping your password private and secure.
To begin using ILLiad:--
- Register to use ILLiad -- Please allow 1 business day for your registration to be confirmed and activated.
- Use your FIU Email Account, required for all patrons except alumni, corporate borrowers, or SUL patrons.
Ask another question FAQ search
Search our FAQs
Use this box to search for answers that have been asked & answered.
Chat with a Librarian 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Ask Us Contact Box
We're here to help!
Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chat/IM a librarian, Ask Us!
Email your question.
Schedule a research consultation.
Browse our FAQs.
Call (305) 348-2454 MMC / (305) 919-5726 BBC
SMS/TXT to (305) 240-6585
Tweet to @FIULibraries
|LibGuides: Research & Subject Guides|
|Hours for Research Help|
- Library Account
- Library Spaces
- Library Locations
- Library Card
- InterLibrary Loan
- Group Study