Answered By: Barbara M. Sorondo Last Updated: Oct 21, 2014 Views: 138
The Computer Assistive Technology (CAT) Labs/Rooms located on the 2nd floor of the Green Library (across from The Hub) and the 1st floor of the Hubert Library are private rooms available by request that contain computers with special software designed to support students with disabilities. This software includes:
- ZoomText: magnification software for the visually impaired that enlarges and enhances the content of the screen.
- JAWS Screen Reading Software: program that reads aloud the content of the screen and provides users with a unique set of tools for navigating Web pages and all screen content.
- Kurzweil 3000: a scaffolded reading, writing, and study skills solution for English-language learner (ELL) students, students with special needs, and other students in need of additional help with fundamental learning skills.
The computers are also equipped with standard software and hardware such as:
- Internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Windows Media Player
- CD Drive
- Image and Document Scanner
To use a CAT Lab, you must first register with FIU's Disability Resource Center. Once you have registered, present your FIU ID at the Access Services (Checkout) Desk on the 2nd floor of the Green Library and/or 1st floor of the Hubert Library to pick up a CAT Lab key.
Ask another question FAQ search
Search our FAQs
Use this box to search for answers that have been asked & answered.
Chat with a Librarian 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Ask Us Contact Box
We're here to help!
Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chat/IM a librarian, Ask Us!
Email your question.
Schedule a research consultation.
Browse our FAQs.
Call (305) 348-2454 MMC / (305) 919-5726 BBC
SMS/TXT to (305) 240-6585
Tweet to @FIULibraries
|LibGuides: Research & Subject Guides|
|Hours for Research Help|
- Library Account
- Library Spaces
- Library Locations
- Library Card
- InterLibrary Loan
- Group Study