Answered By: Christopher Jimenez Last Updated: May 07, 2018 Views: 17
Why do I need to use EZ-Proxy?
Many of the databases offered by the FIU Libraries are restricted to currently registered students, staff, and faculty of the University. When connecting to these services from home you are required to let the system know you are currently affiliated with FIU. The EZ-Proxy server will verify you as a member of the FIU community and allow access to these resources.
When do I need to use the EZ-Proxy server?
If you are outside the campus, dormitories, or other FIU network locations, unless you log in with a PPP account.
How do I use the EZ-Proxy server?
- Deactivate any proxy configuration settings you may have made in your browser software's preferences/options files.
- Be sure that your browser software has been allowed to accept "cookies" in your browser's preferences/options settings. Cookies expire and are removed upon closing your browser sessions.
While in EZ-Proxy mode:
- Only use links on the web pages. Do not use the "home" button, "favorites" or "bookmarks," or input into the location bar. The "back" and "forward" buttons can be used freely.
- Lost? You are in proxy mode whenever the URL in your location window begins with "http://ezproxy.fiu.edu.." If you follow a link that takes you out of a library defined site, you may lose proxy mode.
- You may need to use the "back" button to return to the proxied site.
- EZ-Proxy access not working? Try enabling "cookies" in your browser's preferences/option settings.
- Note: URLs bookmarked during this session will not work after you log-out.
Do I need to do anything to exit the EZ-Proxy server?
No. When you close all of your open browser windows, you will be automatically logged off.
Can Alumni use EZ-Proxy/Remote access?
Remote access to most licensed electronic databases is restricted or disallowed because of contractual agreements with vendors. However some resources do allow some access, visit our Alumni Library Services & Access guide for more details.
Whom do I contact for assistance?
If you have questions concerning when to use the EZ-Proxy or how to access databases, please contact the FIU Libraries Reference Desk during regular library hours or use the services detailed under Ask Us.
For further assistance, please contact the Information & Research Services Department.
Ask another question FAQ search
Search our FAQs
Use this box to search for answers that have been asked & answered.
Chat with a Librarian 9:00am - 6:00pm Monday - Friday.
Ask Us Contact Box
We're here to help!
Librarians are here to provide research help to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Chat/IM a librarian, Ask Us!
Email your question.
Schedule a research consultation.
Browse our FAQs.
Call (305) 348-2454 MMC / (305) 919-5726 BBC
SMS/TXT to (305) 240-6585
Tweet to @FIULibraries
|LibGuides: Research & Subject Guides|
|Hours for Research Help|
- Library Account
- Library Spaces
- Library Locations
- Library Card
- InterLibrary Loan
- Group Study